As you can see, everything has been updated giving our website a clean and fresh new look. All information is clear and easy to find and all forms are straight forward to follow. It is very important to make sure you refresh your website every few years or so, as it can impact a lot of things. Listed below are some reasons why you need to update your website.
- Visual Aesthetics – When people visit your website, they see a reflection of your organisation. If you have a crisp and clean website that looks professional, full of useful and relevant content, then people will see that’s how the business is run. But if your website is outdated and cluttered, then that reflects on the company so people will assume you don’t take much pride in what you are doing.
- Other Devices – As the years go on, the number of people with smartphones increases. It is the most accessible way to the internet when on the move, therefore it is very important your website is optimised for mobile use. People need to be able to see the content on your website without having to mess around zooming in and out and tilting the phone. The whole process needs to stay as nice and simple as possible. Otherwise you run a large risk of gaining a high bounce rate.
- Images – It isn’t always as easy as it sounds, finding photos for your website. However when it comes to the use of stock images you should make sure that the ones selected for use are relevant to the content and will have a positive impact on your company. But do remember, the vision you see from an image isn’t always what someone else sees.
- Content – In addition to a new layout striking viewers first, you should also make sure the information given is relevant and current. A refresh means that you can have the chance to rewrite some old copy, and add in more effective keywords and call to action.
- By making sure your website stays up to date is essential. Not only for the looks but for security too. Security flaws can happen to any website. But by upgrading security protection you minimise the risk of your website being targeted, as the coding for the security isn’t as old.
As you can see these are just some of the many reasons to get your website updated, certainly if it has been a while.
Here at Nexus Networking we are looking forward to the upcoming months. A lot of new and exciting things are happening and we would love for as many business owners as possible to join us in expanding our network.
If you are interested in joining Nexus Networking then visit our website to fill out our online form. Alternatively, for any questions you may have, you can call us now on 07776 157 503 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.